I am always on the look out for yummy recipes that my family will love. If they are easy to make and not going to ruin my budget or my waist line, that is even better. This recipe is all the above and great for the holidays!
Popcorn Candy Cane Bars
- 100g Metcalfe’s cinema sweet popcorn
- 4 crushed candy canes
- 100g Chocolate beans (Christmas colours)
- 450g white chocolate
- 100ml double cream mixed with 2 tsp peppermint flavouring
- White chocolate and red gel colouring for decoration (optional)
- Candy canes to decorate (4)
1. Line a 20 x 30cm brownie tin with parchment and set to one side.
2. Heat the cream & peppermint in the microwave but do not boil.
3. Pour this over the white chocolate and stir until everything has melted – if the mixture is too thick heat a little in the microwave to loosen.
4. In a bowl, combine the popcorn, crushed candy canes and half of the chocolate beans.
5. Pour the melted chocolate over the popcorn and fold with a spatula ensuring everything is coated.
6. Spoon the mixture into the lined tin and spread out evenly.
7. Top the bar with the remaining chocolate beans, whole or crushed candy canes and drizzle with the red coloured chocolate.
8. Allow to set in the fridge for an hour or two or overnight.
Once set, remove from the tin and wrap whole or divide into smaller bars and wrap, ribbon and tag for the perfect edible gift!
As the nights get colder and darker, allow award-winning popcorn aficionados Metcalfe’s® to make life pop again with their tasty solutions for those winter munchies! With 53% of Brits choosing to socialize at home rather than go elsewhere*, it’s time to banish the boredom and bring the fun inside this winter with a whole host of delicious popped snacks.
Snuggle down on the sofa in preparation for a “Big Night In” and cement the coziness with a super snack! With four flavours of their perfectly popped popcorn to choose from, including Sweet n’ Salt, Sea Salt and Cinema Sweet, they’re the ideal candidate for tucking into in front of the TV! Choose your Impulse bag and get stuck in – it is box-set season after all!
socializing at home with family and friends means catering for the occasion! Pick up a crowd-pleaser, such as a Sharing pack of perfectly popped Metcalfe’s® Salted Caramel flavour popcorn and gather round for a catch-up over the kernels.
Brave The Cold!
Head outside with your favourite hot drink (yes, really!) and create the ultimate seasonal treat – S’mores! But not just any S’mores, Metcalfe’s®’ S’mores! The toughest decision to make will be deciding either Metcalfe’s® Ricecakes or their Popcorn Thins to sandwich between! Get melting those giant marshmallows and squish them between your choice of Italian Milk or Dark Chocolate covered treats. Not the temperature to venture? Ricecakes are also good to munch on one-handed, curled up with a book. Will you be #TeamRicecakes or #TeamPopcornThins?
Or… A Moment of Indulgence
Discover pure JOMO this winter (that’s joy of missing out!) and take a moment just for you with Metcalfe’s® Popcorn Thins Minis. These bite-sized chocolate-covered morsels of pure yumminess are the perfect treat for solo snacking. The only difficulty is choosing between the dark and milk chocolate varieties.
From deep within their Popcorn HQ, Metcalfe’s® ensure all of their deliciously lipsmackingly good popped offerings are made without artificial flavours and colours. ®
Whether you pick up a sharing pack or take a moment to grab a “skinny mini” pack (or two!) of Metcalfe’s® on the go, rest assured you can merrily munch away – so what are you waiting for? Snack until you POP!